Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My First

We're talking baby and award, people!

I was reminded today of the song that came alive for me when Faith Hill recorded it this Christmas 2008..."A Baby Changes Everything." Wow. What an amazing song! If you haven't heard it...now is the time ~ check out Faith Hill on CMT.com. And, for sure, I have shed many a tear as this 2009 begins anew with our precious baby in our arms.

My dear friend and family, Laura, gave me an award! Each day I am reminded how blessed I am by my husbands wonderful extended family. We are closer than most families in this hectic daily rush of life. Talk about quick - sometimes I think that I am feeding my blog addiction and jumping in the fast waters of the wide web as I skip from one site to the next. But, then, I'm reminded that it's a blessing to be able to connect with others around the world - in ways we have never been able to do in the past. And, what could be more wonderful than reconnecting with old friends, typing quick love notes to our families, and receiving awards from special friends? I ask, what could be more wonderful than connecting and understanding and wading through this life with others walking our same road that we might not have otherwise discovered?! Thank you, Laura, for the love! XOXO's back at you today and always. (And to K and G too!)

The text accompanying this award is as follows:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."



I tag, with love:

Laura

Lisa

Jenny

EV

Cydil

April

Jyll

Amy

Amy is the last, but not least, on this list of great friends. She is an inspiring woman, who, alongside her husband, founded an organization that will one day bring many orphans to their forever home. Please pray with us that tonight as we sleep, their twin girls across the ocean are brought home quicker than all of us can imagine.






2 comments:

April said...

Thanks Jackie, that was sweet! I hope you guys are holding up in all of the bad weather! John is looking so grown up, almost 1 already! Lilli was 1 last week, and we are coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the day we got "the call." I think of you and my other HOGL friends every time we reach a milestone with her! We are so blessed!

Sassytimes said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog and your sweet words!