Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Meme

I was not privileged to grow up with either of my grandmothers...but, mom and dad talked about each special lady as if they watched from the windows of heaven every day. So, I love both dearly and want to remember my Meme today, as it is her birthday. If she was here today she would be 106! Below are her favorite flowers, violas, growing in our flower boxes on the front porch. Happy Birthday Meme!





The chicks arrived today through the US mail! John and I traveled down to the Lancaster P.O. to pick them up and heard them chirping as soon as we entered the building. See how they have settled in well...




And, I saved the best for last...Aunt Kim came to visit this week! We had a wonderful time together as she met John for the first time! He was "taken" with his beautiful Aunt and they bonded in such a sweet way...he was fascinated with everything she did and said. It was so sweet to watch! I think she had a little fun going in to him when he woke up in the morning, reading him books, feeding him breakfast and playing with his new farm toys. I also have the funniest surprise for another day...a gift she found for him at Cracker Barrel. The weather was perfect, we took a walk and Jeeped around the farm. Then she was off to visit her son in Nashville who will graduate from Vandy this spring. How time flies.





Happy Easter all! Many blessings as you celebrate the Risen Christ!
Charley, Jackie and John

No comments: