Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pink bicycles and more News


Today, Sunday, was so wonderful. I know that sounds cliche, but it truly was...we visited 'old' friends who live in Louisville, KY. We all went to college at Asbury together. They have 3, count em' 3, girls and they are all sweet and adorable in their own individual ways. Our little man had fun playing with a few girly, princess toys. They live on a cul-de-sac and at one point we thought John might actually pedal a bike. (Even though it was pink and purple like the one above.) I guess there were too many other distractions because he gave up after a few tries. He's been talking to us for several weeks about riding a bike...guess the dream was better than the reality for now! We rode over after church and they fed us a great dinner. Did I mention that they really rubbed it in that Louisville won over Lexington in last nights football game? No...well, they did. All evening. So, it was a good long visit and there were tears by yours truly by the end of the evening.

I have some good news and some bad news about my thyroid issues. I can't put all of them into words on this blog because you would all be bored and might unfriend me on Facebook. (Hee, hee.) But, seriously, we think we're moving forward with progress, it is just slow going. We have a dr.'s appt. this Thursday in Atlanta. I've found myself needing to explain the distance so I'll relay that here too. I've researched a lot of dr.'s here in Lexington and have even looked at Louisville. But, of all the calls and visits I've made I have not found the right endocrinologist and obgyn who can get it right. So, this dr. in Atlanta is recommended by friends of my parents and he has been in practice for over 30 years. He is an endo and an obgyn. So, I do believe I'll find some answers. Charley keeps telling me not to get my hopes up, but I can't help it. I am desperate to feel better and get some relief from swelling, moodiness, migraines, etc. - all hormonal stuff. Again...you don't want me to go on - it would only embarrass us both.

News about our ministry in Taiwan: for now, there is not a lot of news. We are still setting goals for leaving in November, but realistically know that my health and God's timing in providing partners in ministry will be the ultimate goals in the coming months. We don't know what that looks like, but will keep you updated as we know! The Home needs us then, has asked for our help in November and we are praying through decisions and timing.

Don't you love the pics before each paragraph? Real original, I know. But, I just think it's a travesty not to include pictures on a blog post. And, our computer is still sick. So...that's the best I can do.

For now, I'll sign off with a very fun link to a site called Our Vintage Home Love. I check it once in a blue moon. Her site is fresh, clean and eclectic.

No comments: